View Single Post
      05-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #22
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I think it's more interesting (and more important) how you change the fluid.
I like the super blue because you have a good visual reference when the old fluid is completely flushed (in case of normal yellow fluid that is). That's a big plus imho.

Do you guys engage the abs pump (with software) when you change the fluid to ensure that all the old fluid is flushed?
ATE SuperBlue stains EVERYTHING. Including your brake fluid reservoir. I don't like that. Personal preference.

What I usually do, is I drain the reservoir first using a turkey baster or one of those cooking syringes. Then if you follow the RR, LR, RF, LF pattern, I'd flush out 1/2 liter of fluid from the RR, then 1/3 liter from the LR, then about 1/4 liter for both front calipers, takes about 3 full bottles of Motule RBF600 to complete a full flush and take all guesswork out of it.

And without access to a GT1, there's no easy way to cycle the ABS pump while bleeding. Usually, if the pedal is unusually soft even after a full flush, I'll go drive the car around the block and activate ABS a few times, then re-bleed as necessary.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0