View Single Post
      10-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #15
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Resurrecting an old thread but I am having the exact same issues described as well as a stumble around 3000rpm when cruising in 6th.

PYO did you ever get to the bottom of your EML issue?

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyo View Post
Last week while leaving the grocery store, I was shifting from 1st to 2nd gear when out of no where the EML light, brake light and DSC light came on. The engine RPM's kept oscillating from 700-1200rpm with the car out of gear and clutch disengaged. The car cannot be driven as I cannot get a steady acceleration. I was able to restart the car and the issue fixed itself.

My buddy with all the proper cables and software, hooked up to my OBDII however there were no codes stored in the database.

2 nights ago, a buddy helped me clean the ICV, DISA and Throttle body. It was a little dirty but not too bad. After cleaning it felt like the car was a little smoother.

This morning about 30 minutes into my drive into work (mostly highway until I get local), i was going about 30mph in 4th gear when it happened again. Same symptoms as before and could not be driven. I was in traffic and there was no where to pull over, so while rolling down the road I restarted the car and the issue yet again fixed itself.

Does anyone know what the issue could be? Since this occurs randomly and throws no codes, I haven't taken it to a shop yet.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0