View Single Post
      11-17-2012, 10:36 PM   #2
pmmjarrett
Retired Paratrooper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i Sport

First order of business was she needed tires bad. Had Hankook HR-II tires on the back and worn out Bridgestone runflats up front. Tramlining and ride was horrible.

I wanted a touring ride and handeling. I have had very bad luck with major brand tires in the past and refuse to buy several makes like Michen and Goodyear to name a couple that top my list of tires I'll never buy again to the day I die. I have had excellent luck with Asian tires made by both Yokohama and Nanking and Nanking has an Asymetrical tread tire I wanted to try. Yep, it's H rated but I'll never even push the car that far and I usually keep cars until I kill them.

Nanking AS1 tires and some LM reps

225/40R18 - 255/35R18

18x8 ET35 - 18x9 ET35

These tires completely changed the way this car drove. Ride is very good for a Z4 with the sport suspension and still handles well. A friend of mine that was a BMW mechanic at an indy shop complimented me on how well the car rode compared to others he had driven. Definatly can feel more sidewall flex when cornering too.

Sorry, I didn't like the look of the red center caps so I put the black poser BBS knockoffs on it. I do eventually want to make my own center caps. Black background with the Jarrett family crest on them.

Appreciate 0