05-19-2010, 11:28 AM   #1
ryushe
PermaGrin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0i

Tweeter replacement / Other Question

Hi there,

Since a few days my passenger side (that would be the right hand side for those of you that drive on the wrong side of the road) tweeter has been acting up. When the volume is cranked up, the tweeter will simply start to cut out, making the audio sound rather dull. I've been wanting to pull the tweeter out of it's housing to have a look at it; it might be just a broken/damaged tweeter. Worst case would be the amp, but seeing as the other door speakers work fine and I've been told they're wired in with the tweeter, I'm not yet convinced this is the case.
So, how to remove and crack open the little plastic triangular bit and check the speaker? Just to be sure, it's the red circled one I'm interested in.

In other news, I have an AUX in which I'm very happy with. Sound quality is great! Now I bought a little remote control set from Kensington for my iPhone (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product) that allows me to connect my iPhone via a standard ipod connector to both the AUX in port and the cigarette lighter for power. However, every time I try this, I get an audible hum or buzz. When I simply use a stereo cable to connect the iPhone to the AUX, it works fine. Other chargers when plugged in to the phone also produce the hum. So I'm guessing it has something to do with the cigarette lighter plug. Anyone else have this or any suggestions?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0