View Single Post
      11-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
SimpleMan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4 2.5i

Need purchase advice (04 2.5L Roadster)?

Guys,

I've always loved the E85 and I think I'm finally ready to become an owner!

I found a cherry 2004 2.5L Roadster (Silver, Black Leather, Brushed Aluminum). The car is basically brand new. It's only got 17,000 miles on it. The original owner says he only drove it on the weekend and it definitely looks like it. I could not find anything wrong with it (not even a little scratch or any curb rash). The car has been sitting in a parking garage all this time and is basically brand new and loaded. It's got the Sports Package, Premium Package, clear bra, and Cold Weather Package.

Here's my issues.

Will I regret going with the 2.5 vs the 3.0? I have driven both and the 2.5 felt like it had plenty of power for me. I'd like to have the extra power but I don't think I'll be able to find a 3.0 anywhere near as nice as this car and I need to act ASAP. I have located a 2005 3.0 in my area that has the exact same color combo. It's a one owner vehicle being sold by a broker. It has 25,000 miles and is loaded (sports, premium, zenons, etc.). It also has an automatic transmission. My problems with this vehicle are curb rash on the front bumper, scratches in the paint to the passenger side skirt, a really small ding to the passenger side front fender (right on the crease), a stain to the plastic on the passenger side door, and curb rash to all 18" wheels. It's also being sold by a broker. I'd prefer to buy a used car from an original owner.

Back to the cherry 2004 2.5L. It's a 5 speed manual. I'd prefer an automatic but I'm thinking a manual would be more fun and I wouldn't have to worry about expensive repairs to an automatic in the future.

Last issue I have with the car. It doesn't have Xenon headlights. Could I replace the stock headlights with OEM Xenon's? Would this be plug and play or more complicated?

Any advice would be much appreciated. I need to pull the trigger on the 04 ASAP so please chime in.

Last edited by SimpleMan; 11-18-2012 at 04:14 AM..
Appreciate 0