View Single Post
      06-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #46
iPhoneEngineer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe

Lots of opinions here already, but figured I'd weigh in since I have quite a bit of experience with the PSS on my M Coupe...which is pushing 500BHP, no less. I just finished a set and am buying another one tonight.

They are the best tires I've used on any car, and I've tried several high-performance brands. No comparison to the Conti's; the car is in a completely different performance class with the PSS's, IMO. I chose 245 front, and 265 rear, which also balances out the stock understeer a bit by reducing the stagger slightly.

No rubbing in the front as others report; the steering is noticeably heavier, but not unreasonable and a positive change IMO. I didn't notice a lack in steering immediacy to the Conti's, but the PSS's are so impressively engineered, that doesn't surprise me--I bet you would have even better response from 225s, but to me the extra grip of the 245s is more valuable given that they are still quite precise.

I have driven my car very hard, and for the past year had a really crazy mountain road commute that tears up tires quickly. The PSS's are incredibly resilient (50% more track life than the PS2s, 10% more highway), and had pretty even wear. (sorta fun video here:
)

Since you drive the twisties often, my biggest recommendation is to ensure you have -2.5 camber up front. Far better grip and critical for even wear if you are frequently holding lateral force. I installed camber plates to attain this and it is one of my best mods to the car, bar none.

Enjoy a totally new driving experience!
Appreciate 0