08-13-2012, 01:14 AM   #7
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pal View Post
Yes, the Remus hanger has a cross support that gets in the way of the stock rubber mount. I was able to squish the rubber hanger/mount enough to get the bolt through the hole and after that it was a regular install.

I like the sound and the sound level (db) of the Remus and while I like the Eisenmann Sport sound the most, I am not willing to spend $2500 for a pair of cans. BavAuto has a great price on the Remus so I ran with that and have been happy. I also have te Euro headers on the car that also adds to the deeper tone and volume.
FWIW, I cut off the cross support and filed the area level and smooth. There's still plenty of support, and it's not a piece that's necessary. That made the install much easier, with no compression of the mount.

Euro headers would add a deeper tone and more volume. I'l bet it's a very nice setup and sound, especially under load. I'm going to finally install my Euro headers, and probably an X-pipe as well, which should wake up my Remus a bit.

Totally agree on all points on the Eisenmann sport. Sounds great, but pricey. (Wife's car has one plus X-pipe, it's incredible, but the exhaust came with the car.)

OP, do you have any other exhaust mods, or would this be an axle-back only.

Last edited by Finnegan; 08-13-2012 at 01:20 AM..
Appreciate 0