pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I wonder if it's simply a "legacy" program left in the control modules. On "later" BMWs, like the E9X, DTC has a programming mode to "simulate" a limited slip differential by braking individual rear wheels that's slipping to send power to the wheel that's NOT slipping to promote traction. And instead of completely re-writing the code for M cars that came with an LSD, the same codes were left in the system but coded out not to be accessible, since the DTC coding and functionality is useless with a mechanical LSD.
I was experimenting with the DTC mode enabled today. I acceleration hard from a roll and both wheels started spinning and with lots of fishtailing. The traction control never engaged. With DTC engaged, there's much less DCS going on. Try it for yourself and post your results.

The MK60 module is also used on the M3 which there is a mode called "M track mode" as explained below:

M Track mode
:
M track mode is a feature of the Dynamic Stability Control DSC, designed for driving on dry roads. It allows you to drive with higher longitudinal and lateral acceleration, whereas driving stability is somewhat reduced. Only in its absolute limit will the system try to stabilize the vehicle by reducing engine power and applying brakes to the wheels. Under these driving conditions the driver must be prepared to perform corrective steering movements if necessary.

By default, M Track mode is off after each engine start.

Warning: While M Track mode is active, stabilizing interventions are performed to a reduced extent only.

Note: To maintain vehicle stability, always drive with DSC switched on and M Track mode switched off whenever possible.
Appreciate 0