nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Angry Another Z4M down... Hopefully not for the count

Yep, as I write this my beautiful M sits at the body shop where they're beginning to disassemble it.

Yesterday I was running the typical errands; bank, post office, lunch, dealership to get my cupholder fixed, and the last stop of my day was to pick up some 303 Aerospace from Napa (oh the irony in getting hit as I'm stopping for detailing supplies)

I (blue blob) was turning right into the lot, but a giant molester van (green blob) was exiting the lot through the one-way entrance and trying to make a left turn. This forced me to come to a stop with my turn signal on while I waited for him.
Out of nowhere this woman smokes the back of my car. Her path is in the red. I looked at my mirror in time to see her front end dive, hear her tires squeal and feel her impact my car. After which she careened across the eastbound lanes, glanced off a telephone pole as she hopped the curb, and came to a rest in the parking lot across the street.

Suprisingly, I stayed calm and didn't rip her head off... might have been because she was in her 50's and super apologetic. Immediately admitting fault saying she was in a hurry home from work and not paying attention. Cops showed and spoke with her then came across the street to see my car and get my story. First thing he says is "oooooh man... ouch!" I mention her admitting fault and he said she already told him she was to blame.
Michigan is a "no-fault" state, so I have to claim it against my insurance, but they'll then go after her provider. I just really hope my rates don't go up. He ended up citing her for failure to control vehicle, driving too fast for conditions, and something else.

So definitely ruined my day, and the shop is saying 3-4 weeks for the repairs - don't think it's totaled.
On the plus side, she swerved... which kept it from being a lot worse; and we were both fine physically.

On to the carnage...
Attached Images