View Single Post
      12-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #49
GammaZeta
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by knsaber View Post
Would CPO warranty have the same legal requirements as any new car warranty even thought it's a limited warranty?
A warranty is a warranty.

Yes, the CPO covers only limited, non-wear items, such as engine, transmission, etc. It wouldn't cover wear items like brakes, springs, etc.

Obviously, your problem with the engine isn't a "wear and tear" item. Also, it's not something that happens to a lot of Z4M's.

It doesn't matter if it is a factory warranty on a new car or a CPO warranty. Remember, that a warranty is something that is agreed upon by the buyer and seller. The problem here is getting the manufacturer/seller to abide by their warranty.

There's other legal scenarios at play here, such as warranty of mechantability, implied warranties, etc., but those are really, really long shots and probably wouldn't apply. I don't know much about New Jersey consumer laws.

Basically, you drove the car. The engine broke. You have a CPO warranty that covers the engine/engine problems. You tried to have it fixed at your own expense at another shop. They did not fix OR CAUSE the problem. You now want BMW to fix the problem, which you can prove occurred while under the CPO warranty and was not a result of having a 3rd party work on it.

I'm very curious how this turns out. You MAY want to even consult an attorney at this point. However, if it turns out in your favor, you'll also be getting a bill from me!!!
Appreciate 0