07-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #10
ddnmkun
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87, G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
The "///M" DSC only has one single mode. On or Off. Even the E46 M3, it's always been the same. Single press disables DSC. Only the Competition Package E46 M3 has multiple levels of DSC engagement, where an "M-Track Mode" is available by pressing a separate button to allow for more wheel slippage than regular DSC would allow.

Having driven multiple Competition Package equipped E46 M3s as well as the MZ4 Coupe, the DSC on the MZ4 Coupe is far more similar to the E46 M3's "track" mode allows.

I don't know if it's DSC intervening, or if the ABS is kicking in...If you're not pressing on the brake pedal and you can feel the car slowing down, then DSC is definitely still intervening. Although my experience has been otherwise, once DSC is pressed, you're on your own. A great place to test it out is actually, the banked oval portion of Auto Club Speedway. At 120+mph through turn 2, the outside wheel and the inside wheel turns at drastically different speed. Enough so that the DSC freaks out and tries to brake the outside front tire thinking you're just about to understeer into the nearest wall. Turn DSC off and the car doesn't care one way or another, even with the 15º bank and giant sweeper at 120mph.

You can press that DSC button all you want, there's no other mode to engage on the MZ4 Coupe.
To fully turn off the DSC, remember to press and hold the DSC button for 10-12 seconds, and be 100% concentrate when you drive. To make sure its on that mode, you wont be able to turn it off unless engine is off.
Just a press on DSC does not fully disengaged DSC, but it does give amateur like me more fun on the track!

100% sure this is it on my 03 E46M, but not so sure if E86M is any different.

Appreciate 0