View Single Post
      01-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #1
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Is Reliability a Consideration for others?

Wondering if the reliability of our cars is ever a factor for others in motivating them to make a move to a newer vehicle. My vehicle is a 2007, with 55,000 km (35000 miles), currently under CPO until May of this year.

Its been good so far, the only item done under warranty were the xenons. I also replaced the battery.

I still love the car. But the spectre of costly repairs and the inconvenience of mechanical issues and possibly being left stranded, often causes me to desire to get something newer. And yet there is nothing relatively new on the market that really gets my crank going like my coupe. I like the E89, but aesthetically, I don’t like it quite as much as my coupe and its heavier, less connected nature doesn’t attract me.

So I find myself in a bit of a bind. I am happy with the car and if it had warranty for another 3 years would gladly keep it. But that isn’t the case. And yet when I look around I can’t find a suitable replacement. The 2014 cayman is probably the closest thing out there right now that stirs me, but it doesn’t have the cult like pull that the Z4C has for me.

Wondering if others face this same issue? Is reliability of our cars something that you worry about and makes you consider replacing your Z?
Appreciate 0