07-15-2023, 02:58 PM   #41
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoJax View Post
Hey Guys

I know this is an old thread but I thought I would take a chance here. Last year i bought a 2005 E85 with 79k miles on it. It looked like it had the VF engineering package on it but because it had changed hands a couple of times, I didn't really know the tuning situation. So here's a bit more history:

1) Looks like the VF package was a used transplant from another car. Super charger had been rebuilt and blew up on me when I took it to 6k RPMs. Also has custom aluminum ducting. Stock MAF, headers and exhaust.
2) It has part of the VF branded tubing/hoses and the green injectors.
3) Vortech could not rebuild the SC so I purchased their newer V3 Si supercharger and kept the 3.25 pulley that was on there.
4) I worked through numerous typical repairs - new radiator, waterpump, vanos seals, DISA upgrade, O2 sensors, spark plugs, fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator.
5) Unrelated but I did swap out the gears to 3.46.
6) I did a remote tune with Frank Smith and it seems to run ok but I still get CELs for P2096 and Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean Bank 1 and P0420/P0430.
7) Took it to a local BMW indie and he can't find anything wrong. Says the CATS are fine.

Overall I am pretty happy with the car other than the recurring CELS and the feeling that it is running rich. I don't know much about tuning or boost, I'm just trying to get my daily driver dialed in for spirited driving.

Sorry for the long post. Hopefully some of you guys can weigh in on next steps. I'm considering doing another remote tune with these guys who are little bit closer to home. https://www.chaoscalibrations.com/st...-Z4-p277028770
Best thing you can do is reach out to pokeybritches

He can sort it for you.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0