01-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #14
cgroppi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
Did you just order Koni DAs from TCK or did they do anything special for fitment? I was quoted $2k for DAs from them. I was also told that I cannot transform the DAs to accept linear springs and act as coilovers based on the perch design, right?

Do you have any problems trailering the tires?
I bought my Koni DAs used here on zpost from a guy in New Jersey. He got them from TC Kline. As far as I know, they are just the standard DA Konis advertised on the website. The perch design for the front struts is only for stock springs. The perches are welded on just like the stock struts, but they're yellow and have two adjusters on them. The rears are just shocks, and use the stock spring setup. I cut an access hole in the trunk trim to get to the driver's side rear rebound adjuster. The passenger side is accessible once you remove the can of fix-a-flat. If you went with AST 4200s, you could get them re-valved and change out the spring perches to convert them to coilovers. The problem is they will run you something like $3300, last I checked.

Never had a bit of trouble trailering the tires. I just wish I could hire someone to change them for me when it's 110F out in the summer...
Appreciate 0