10-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #21
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Schnitzer View Post
Maybe.....I'd hope they'd be made as good as my Datsun regulator then.....its 41 years old and still works perfect ! Ok, enough nutswinging on Datsuns,lol.

One thing that might not be apparent here to some folks that live in areas of the country that still have some real estate within the lines of their parking spaces.....places like California DON'T. There is not enough space between the lines for even a careful person to open their door without coming dangerously close to the car next to them....or even thinking of letting go of the door. So if your hands are full of papers,briefcase etc......its a touchy thing...every-time.

I wished I'd have invented this contraption....its genius.
^This. Especially in SoCal. Whenever I'm there on business I'm appalled at how close the parking spaces are to each other--and that's the regular parking spaces, not the "compact" spaces which don't have room for a 1960s era Mini to park in.

The spaces are so close that the even with the smaller doors on a 4 door sub-compact you can't even get close to the first stopping point on the door. And if you weigh over 120 pounds good luck trying to squeeze in or out without grinding the door into the car next to you (or grinding and banging up your hand). This isn't a question of carelessness, it's a question of ****ty parking space layouts. And since that's the reality, the question becomes how to minimize the damage potential.

I understand the point about inducing carelessness, but that's not the issue in areas with these kind of parking "spaces". For places with micro parking spaces it's simply a hell of an idea. Even careful folks like me have one hell of a time not beating the **** out of cars next to them when their just inches away.
Appreciate 0