View Single Post
      10-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #17
gferil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post
Yes, I've dynoed absolutely every performance modification made to my car in comparison to the car's baseline, all on the same dyno and operator.
As for the AA tune's dyno, it should be under a thread I created called Active Autowerk ECU tune success. It yielded almost 30whp from tune alone. I had no muffler cannisters during baseline, but IMHO that doesn't change any power output, as most of our exhaust restrictions are in the headers, section 1, and section 2. I've yet to see another tune yield the same peak gains, but that doesn't necessarily mean AA is the best. I believe that all mail order ROM tunes are pretty much the same. It's a generic mapping to accomodate a wide range of modifications/setups. If judging by price alone, then AA is the cheapest I know of.

Edit: did a quick search. Here's the link to the tune's dynos.
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449998
Now only if we can get someone local with ESS tune to go to AGP we'd have three different M's with three different tunes run on the same dyno by the same guy at the same shop!

On a side note, interesting to see the gains of your AA/Supersprint mods vs. my Evolve/intake/exhaust combo...

You yielded 295rwhp and 243rwt and I got 289rwhp and 240rwt. Wonder what I would get if I had headers/X-pipe added...
Appreciate 0