View Single Post
      11-09-2016, 06:28 PM   #1
ZeD4Mr
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Skyer Z4MR

Advice: Square setup or Coilover?

I've joined the Apex SM-10 GB and it's about time to decide on which wheel size to get. I'm currently running Arc8 with PSS 245/40/18x9 ET42/275/35/18x9.5 ET22 on OE suspension with alignment pins pulled.

The track bug has bit me as I did 3 events at the Ridge Motorway in WA this year. (from passing on the straight to the last event open passing) Although I don't think I'm anywhere close to a decent driver yet but I'll do more events in the coming year to further mod the nut behind the wheel. I'm getting close to 60k miles on OE suspension and thinking about getting some decent SA coilover to replace it.(PSS10 or AST comes to mind)

I've also read mix reviews on this chassis with stagger vs square. Rotating tires sounds great to save cost with concave look in the front; however, will utilising only camber bolts with OE suspension work with 265/35/18x9.5 ET35 in the front/rear? (sticking with PSS or Conti DW until I get better)
or
Spending the budget on a set of AST4150 with camber plates, bolts and stud conversion be more beneficial on the track than square setup?

I'm planning to do 5+ events the coming year. So coilover or new wheels? If new wheels, Stagger or square?

TIA,

Last edited by ZeD4Mr; 11-09-2016 at 10:08 PM..
Appreciate 0