View Single Post
      07-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #9
pal
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Pagid RS29- initial results are in

I did 2 days (almost 300 miles on track) at Road Atlanta with RS-29s up front and Hawk HT-10s out back (StopTech ST-40 w/355mm discs at all four corners).

These pads don't have the strong initial bite of the DTC-60 but still have plenty braking power to slow the car down controllably lap after lap (back straight at RA is a 132-137mph to ~50-55mph downhill braking zone) without fade.

What I liked was that due to the slight less initial bite, threshold braking became a lot easier as ABS intervention was minimised and this in turn allowed me brake just a bit later and harder.

Another side effect for me was that heel-toe downshifts became easier as a result of slightly and more consistent pedal pressure.

Overall I liked this pad a lot and it made braking to corner entry a pleasure and it is a faster pad for my driving style.

Will report on wear rate after a few more days on track.

Bottom line- approach this pad cautiously if you driving style is more towards brake late, brake less and brake hard rather than a slightly longer time on the brakes while focusing on smooth transitions. I am more of the latter and loved this pad as it reduces inputs from me and helps me stay smooth w/o losing on lap times.
Appreciate 0