Thread: The tire thread
View Single Post
      07-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #32
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

I had KDW's on when I bought my current wheels. I tracked (first time ever) with them and they felt good until maybe the third session. It felt like they kind of gave out. IDK if *I* was doing something different or what, but I didn't care for them. PLus they were VERY loud and considering I had to drive 3 1/2 hours just to get TO the track, that matters. The sizes were:

F: 225/35 18
R: 275/40 18

IDK if they were proper sizes and maybe that had something to do with some slipping once they got hotter but I personnaly didn't care for it. Especially since it was my frirst time tracking this car.

I rode them out until early april and bought a set of Hankook V12's for numerous reasons.

Sizes:
F: 245/45 18
R: 275/40 18

Was going to MFest and driving to was 1100+ miles. Then track. Then drive back. so comfort was a large consideration for my purchase choice. I went with the V12's for price and performance (for price) form what I've read. Since I don't track often enough, getting Star Specs or something like that (though I wanted them!) was out of the question. Higher profile might have hurt the performance a little, but since it was only my second track session I honestly didn't feel much difference, in speeds and grip. I went that high because I had 3K trip to and from and it is my DD. Road noise was WAY down compared to both Contis and KDWs, but was still there. nothing that couldn't be tuned out by increasing music volume a couple turns.

on track compared with KDWs I did notice I was able to through turns faster. MAYBE it was me being a little more confortable with the car, a different track, or whatever but I noticed it.

I've probably forgotten to mention a few things, but for now that's my story. For the price you can't beat the V12s.