View Single Post
      11-16-2010, 01:10 PM   #4
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

hello, and thanks guys!

yes the intake and exhaust is the exact same between the "SI" and the "I" not so on the 3series. the Z4 SI has added exhaust tips that’s it.

as for the brakes I have the SI brake calipers and carriers as well as the dust shields so a very basic bolt on conversion to get to the 325mm SI brakes.

the springs may be just a HR conversion but that’s later.

I’ve done a few other retrofits but have to have time to make DIY for those as well.

the dyno will be done after the fact just because where im located there are no dynos any ware around here, not for around 2.5 hours away.

but either way if my car pulls near SI levels in terms of HP when I do dyno it next year spring or so I think it should give people enough proof that the conversion works. at least someone will have the potential to do a before and after dyno. also measure 0-60 times will also show similar SI levels I hope. as that will also prove as a substantial proof of added HP.

but either way it’s really a no brainer, as most aftermarket exhausts yield much less HP for just as much money as this conversions and an exhaust will give you maybe 5HP.

on the e90 forum the swap to the 3 stage manifold showed a dyno proven 10HP gain to the wheels without the tune and with a more restrictive exhaust.

with tune its possable to get it to be past the 265HP level possable to even 270 add a better rear diff and you would have very nice acceleration indeed.

Last edited by -c-; 11-16-2010 at 01:30 PM..
Appreciate 0