View Single Post
      03-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #24
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Ship, cool. Those are the new UUC polys right? In theory even Option I should offer more resistance to torque than neoprene versions even w/o the cups. How's the NVH?

Yes, Skelekitty and I will do a comparison of the Rogue (neoprene version) vs. the UUC red option II sans cups (isolated urethane) transmission mount bushings. (Might recruit e for effort for additional input as he's local and debating which to go with as well.) If the NVH with the reds is minimal maybe I can talk him into the reds with cups and we'll have a wide range of data points! My goal is to reduce the movement of the transmission as much as possible w/o going nuts due to NVH.

For those of you with AS kit, can you describe the difference and note whether you have the upgraded transmission mounts as well (since those improve feel/precision as well)? On our cars, aside from the 3rd to 2nd denial with stock mounts, I haven't really had issues with finding the right gear with the stock shifter--and on SK's car the experience was the same as Ship's. Maybe I need to "test drive" a car with the SSK installed to feel the difference?

I looked at the AS GB thread and Onebluecm's DIY thread and there seems to be some improvement (assuming the bushings are chamfered) however the install sounds like a royal PITA.

Last edited by Finnegan; 03-28-2011 at 12:02 PM..
Appreciate 0