Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235I 2015, 335i 2011

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [6.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLF View Post
The way I read this, push a button to start and push it again to stop. If this is correct where is the security? What happens to the immobilizer? You said you removed the steering lock, I understand that. The cars ecu requires the immobilizer so if you do get around the immobilizer what keeps anyone from pushing the button and driving off?
I want the immobilizer to act as the key card and it need be present to start the engine. I also use the remote portion as a means to drop the top and lock or unlock the car along with opening the trunk. This means I want just the top portion of the key to be in my pocket.

Quote---When you get in the car with the key remote in your pocket you can press the start/shut off button and the car will turn on the ignition and start after you press clutch. when you want to stop the car just press the same button again and the engine will shut off and after 30 sec the windows will roll-up. that is it, look your car with the remote and the car will active the alarm if you have one.
So you are telling me exactly what I want but not how to get there. YET
I have wired about four roadsters with a start buttons but I don't understand how you are wiring the relays etc without cutting any wires?
The button itself. Is a momentary type, normal open, normal closed, led? The leads need labels where there going etc.
And that is what I'm doing, you will leave the blade on the ign and the other part in your pocket (remote) that will prevent people of starting your car and driving off, I already tested that on my car and will work, the remote have a transponder and under the key socket you have a coil that receive that signal from it. so if you take your remote out of your key and put the blade on the ign and turn it will turn all the lights but will not start, but if you turn the key and also hold the remote right under the key socket and turn the key your car will start. you can leave your car running and take the key with you and the car will keep running but if you turn it off and the keys are not close to the key socket will not start again.
Appreciate 0