View Single Post
      02-12-2011, 12:53 AM   #44
VMZ432
Fast Everything
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Thanks Dave! The whole package was truly awesome today. I was a little careful for the first couple of sessions, but after that I had to really change the way I drive her. It just seemed like endless brake into every corner lap after lap after lap. I know my brakes could have kept going long after my street tires were done.

My friend also put R6E's on his M3 last week for todays track day. His rattle heaps when cold, he says it sounds like a dump truck and his lady can hear him two blocks away. Also they seem to squeal more than mine, even when he was lapping I noticed them squealing lots on his vid. (what could this mean? seems unusual....)

But I have no rattle and no squeal after the first lap. I think once they have been left to sit they might not be so quiet on the street... we'll see. But in relation to the rattle I thought maybe they fit Stoptechs better than they fit the standard M3 system. I guess not if they were the same for you? He was still very happy with them though, and will switch back for the street anyway. For me, I think I'll wait and see how they go.
2006 IBlue BMW Z4 MC - ESS VT2-525 Supercharged, JRZ RS1 suspension (500#F, 600#R) with Vorshlag plates, ST Trophy BBK with CL R6E pads, KKS gated exhaust, TMS sway bars, RE rear camber arms, VT engine mounts, Recaro Pole Position (driver), APR GT wing, Street: Volk G2s and Potenza, Track: Volk TE37SLs and BFG R1s.
Appreciate 0