View Single Post
      05-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #5
bkz4mc
Mars Bitches... Red Rocks !
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

His miata was bone stock except for the Dunlops ( Direnzza Star Specs )... it looked like an '01 or so, no idea if it was a 1.6 or 1.8...

Yeah, I think the weight was really the key factor because I was definitely going faster around the sweepers in his car, but it was SLOOOOW on the straights... hahahaha We were laughing cuz out of the corners I kept going, COME ON .. COME ON !!! Go go go !!! hahahahaha

The course was actually pretty wide open for an AX, but the pavement there is asphalt so it's pretty slick compared to concrete like at El Toro. I was having a hard time not breaking loose accelerating, even being super smooth with the throttle.

I think my 2 main upgrades asap are gonna be Vorshlag Camber / Caster plates and some new Re11's or Advans. I only have about a degree 1 1/2 of neg camber up front and I bet with the plates and another -1 degree ( so 2 1/2 total ) or so it'll really help up the cornering speed and give me more tire on the ground.

Oh and trust me, I spent all morning looking at how much miata's cost... hahahahha A dedicated ax / track spec miata would be a blast. They're really cheap ! You'd never catch me driving it on the street tho...
Appreciate 0