11-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #11
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZZ View Post
I don't understand.. why did you need a new ECU? I did this conversion on an '06 325i (to become same specs as 330i) and I just flashed the current ECU using a GT1 + upgraded to the three stage manifold.

Does the 3.0i and 3.0si have the same exhaust as well? On the 3 series the 325i is more restrictive.

Enjoy the extra HP... makes a big difference with a negligable change in fuel economy. Same reason I'd never get a 3.0si and stick with a 3.0i given the choice. This simple cheap mod is all you need, and get to enjoy cheaper car insurance.
no the SI and the I's have the same exhaust just the SI's have tips attatched. www.realoem.com show them as the same part numbers.

the SI has different tuning from the factory to take advantage of the 3 stage manifold, also with different fuel and valve timing maps, the 3 stage manifold brings in the extra air and then tru 45HP then can be achived.

i plan to drive to florida in the spring to have the car tuned at AA HQ to get the most out of the engine.

even with the standard "I" tune with the manifold you would have HP gains in the 20's if not more.

I will keep everyone posted as the project unfolds.
Appreciate 0