06-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #17
Hughbert
Guilty as Charged
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJW2OO4 View Post
I was wondering do you have oem or aftermarket sat radio?

Not at the moment but cool things have popped up recently with intravee updates. (data logging ie you drop off the car at the dealer you can see the how fast they drove it and how they revved it.)

Intravee units are still available at toysinyourcar.com...its the alpine unit kca-420 that is tough to come by. And you can add sirius with the sir-alp1 module for like 45 bucks. All in all it isnt as cheap as the mediabridge but I like having the peace of mind of it not being a dice product. I just heard too many horror stories about the older dice products.

+1 on Intravee

When I was looking into integrated aftermarket sat radio I wanted to avoid Dice - too much frustrations from other forum members. The OEM module was just not an option for the $$$$.

There are usually a dozen or so KCA-420's on ebay and they will run $50 - $100. I paid $90 NIB and then added the wake up mod chip myself for around $8. I keep my 3rd Gen Nano in the car all the time - any newer ipods will need a charge adapter. Info about this is on the intravee forums. Either the ALP-1 (Sirius) or TUA-T020XM (XM) modules can be had on ebay for $25 and up.

The intravee is what cost a pretty penny. Toysinyourcar.com is the place http://www.toysinyourcar.com/acatalog/intravee.html This is a UK website and between the VAT and exchange rate your looking at $250-$300. Once in a blue moon one will come up on ebay. There was also a group buy on this forum a while back. The latest firmware version for the intravee has a lot of cool options especially if you have Nav.
Appreciate 0