View Single Post
      06-29-2009, 11:56 PM   #5
DirtBag335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M

I installed the coil overs this weekend and my initial impression was shocking. I can't believe how much better this car handles with coil overs. It completley transformed the car. I have not had the chance to push it very hard yet as I have not been on the track. But I am simply amazed by how much more composed and planted it is. I can't wait to get some track time in with them because there is no way you can feel the full potential from them on the street. The ride however is very harsh especially on the hreeway. I have a pretty long comute on the freeway every day and with the coil overs it is quite bouncy. So much so that im some sections my insides actually started to hurt! I actually experienced this same thing when I bought the car but I quickly adjusted to it. I am hoping that the same thing will happen again, which I'm quite confident it will. The closest feeling ride I can compare it to was a 996 GT3 I once got to drive. I think that the GT3 was a little bit softer of a ride but it feels very similar to that. I would definitley recommend them though, even with the harsh ride. They are a good "cheap" option compared to some of the other coil overs out there.
Appreciate 0