View Single Post
      04-18-2014, 12:15 PM   #10
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
Thanks for all the replies, especially George. I decided to have the combo installed earlier this week and have put several hundred miles on the car since then. I was initially hesitant to proceed with the install based on what's been written here, but am VERY happy with the results. The only vibration I get is when lugging the engine around in high gear below 2k rpm, which you shouldn't be doing anyway. The standard chatter at idle is there, which I've made a few videos to show. The car sounds a little like a diesel from the outside in neutral and at idle. Otherwise, I've seen a huge improvemt in driveability. Rev matching is easier, and I can upshift without pause. The slop in the OEM clutch is gone. I'll post a full review soon.
I really like the clutch feel too until it exploded lol. But hopefully the lower rpms' of the 3.0i will keep you safe harmonics wise. I may have just received a slightly out of balance flywheel from JB racing , it doesn't take much at 8k rpm to cause problems. Just make sure you're harmonic balancer on the crank is new or in very good shape.

George
Appreciate 0