View Single Post
      02-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #11
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

thanks guys im really siked, kinda playing on uncharted ground, as ive seen a very few older 3.0I that have done the dual exhaust but not the n52 based Z4's

yea the battery was a bit tricky i had to make my own part using delrin and rubber to make a grommit that will hold the main starter wire and keep it from ever touching the sheet metal in the trunk while keeping the water out. its very OEM looking which was my main goal.

the end of my pipes that you see cut off i made an adapter for the two parts that use the 3 bolt flange of the x-pipe so its a direct bolt on exhaust.

so technically i can buy any M exhaust and use it on my car and it be a direct bolt on from the beginning of the x-pipe back. i still have the origanal headers on the car so its still got the pre cats and cats to deal with but i feel thats where most hp loss or back pressure is made.

the stock I muffler is about the size of two M mufflers so who knows how it will affect the car. yea i wish i had a dyno but they really dont have them around where i am located.

I am doing this in preperation for my trip to AA to have a stock tune done with the mods ive done so far so the 3 stage manifold and the dual M exhaust so im excited to try a base run and see where we are, I know kirkpart2 is planning to meet me their with his I as well so we will have a guess on what is made or lost with a dual exhaust, i know its not on the same car but i imagine the numbers wont be that differnt.

anywho stay tuned!
Appreciate 0