View Single Post
      02-16-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

-UPDATED-finally achieved "true" dual exhaust on my 2006 3.0I yayyyyy!!!!!!

was fianally able to pull her out today as it was nice and warm!!!!

sound clips will follow soon!!!

well it’s been a long winter, but I’m happy to say its winding down and my winter project is almost done.

I’m going to post just a few pics of the project, the first project for the Z was the 3 stage manifold swap as I posted earlier and now it was to achieve a true dual exhaust on my car much like the M Z's as I love the look of duals and really thought it be a fun challenge as not many have really done a true cat back dual exhaust on a non M Z4.

I’ve got everything M from the cats back, well minus the diff and suspension but as far as hardware and M exhaust parts I’m at about the price of a aftermarket M exhaust setup so as far as costs go I’m not out of the price range as some would have thought.....actually pretty cost effective considering its all used stock stuff with new parts from the dealer that matches tishers prices.

Updated 3/12/11

ok guys i got it all up and done now I just need to bolt up the wheels and get the bumper painted and the battery re-installed

so what do you guys think!

Here is a shot of the trunk pan, all the bolts show where certain brakets needed to be in order to hold fuel emission hoses and active carbon fuel emission canister as well as muffler brakets. floor cover was test fitted and sits perfect and no need to modify. all bolt holes where treated with por15 to stop any rust from starting from drilling through the metal, I also plan to cover the trunk pan with dynamat to lower any sound verberation if any.

X-pipe connected to stock setup.

ok here is a shot of the rear of the car.

now painted!!!!!!!

here is a shot from under the vehicle, all parts are accounted for and installed properly...no shortcuts used.

left side exhasut mounted.

right side exhasut mounted.

battery cable re-routed.

battery tray location has been moved to stock ///M location and RIV nuts installed to achive a strong and clean mounting surface to sheet metal.

now finished and fully trimed trunk!

well laidies and gents it can be done!!!!

Last edited by -c-; 03-25-2011 at 09:41 AM..
Appreciate 0