View Single Post
      01-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #30
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
The only Achilles Heel that I would worry about with a 3.0SI is the potential of the dreaded valve noise issue with the N52 engine. But if you don't have that by now, you likely never will. So don't worry about it.

My 2006 3.0SI has about 30,000 miles on it and has been out if warranty since the summer of 2010. In that time, I've had a few routine maintenance things done at a reasonable price.

With respect to maintenance costs, sure, BMWs may not be bargain basement cheap to get work done. But they are not always going to cost you a fortune, either. For example, in 2011, I had a new set of front rotors and pads installed for $50 less than my Dad paid for the same work on his Ford Fusion.

I have no intention of selling my car in the future for fear of any repair bill.

Cheers!
Cheers and good to hear.

I've actually had the lifters replaced in the spring of 2011 re the diesel like sound. I think I heard it again a couple weeks ago for the first time since the lifters were replaced. I aim to get this addressed before the CPO runs out.
Appreciate 0