01-31-2024, 01:54 PM   #8
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo the lad View Post
Im not sure im understanding how the final drive number is attained from the other numbers, based on the chart im looking at. Does the final drive ratio have an effect in all gears?
Yes. That’s why I linked the page I did. It’s plug and play to find out your top revs per gear. Going higher number on your final drive gear ratio cuts into top speed per gear. When up shifting your rpm drops less than your previous final drive ratio keeping you in a higher power band hence you’re in each gear shorter durations.

I swapped to a lsd from diffsonline to a 4.10 and 1st if you blink you’re already in 2nd. There’s times it’s beneficial times it’s not. One track by me has a long straight I can utilize 4th, another track I was at for the first time last year the longest straight I barely kissed 4th so it made more sense to back off than up shift and down shift as soon as you were to upshift. It all depends what you’re wanting to obtain from changing your final drive gear. I also added an ess vt1 when doing my diff so there’s very madness to the meaning.

Last edited by Piper1; 01-31-2024 at 02:21 PM..
Appreciate 0