View Single Post
      03-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Close to Pulling the trigger on a 2014 Cayman

I've posted about looking for a replacement for the coupe for a while. Nothing has really stirred me like the coupe did when it first came out. I was highly anticipating the Cayman (never really like the prior gen asthetically). While I do like the new look, it actually doesn't hook me like the Z4 coupe shape does. I think they would have done much better to do away with the large side ducts. They work on a convertible like the boxster but not so well on the cayman.

Anyhow, I test drove a 2013 Boxster S last week to get a sense of what the Cayman might be like. I've never driven such a grin inducing car (and I've driven my fair share including M coupe's, M3's, lotus evora, vantage v8). The drive hooked me. It is the best sports car I've ever driven.

So I am getting close to ordering one. Truth is my heart isn't in it like it was for the z4 coupe. The coupe just has this uncanny cult like pull for me that I know I won't have for the cayman. I won't take a detour to go look at the cayman on the way back from work like I do with the coupe and I won't look back at it every time I walk away.

But in the end I can't deny that the driving dynamics of the 981 cayman exceed the coupe's (yes even the M's in my estimation) and I suppose in the end that's a greater source of automotive enjoyment than simply the look of a car.

Anyhow, I'll keep you posted on what I finally do, but I felt like sharing my sentiments with a community that gets what I mean about the cult like pull of the Z4 coupe.
Appreciate 0