View Single Post
      06-29-2012, 05:28 PM   #103
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Recap of my visit at The Glen.

jgalaxy and I drove down on Sunday. It was a beautiful day and we got there with three hours to spare before inspection which was scheduled at 18h00.

So we went back to town for some early dinner (late lunch) of seafood drowned in an unhealthy amount of melted butter. Beer was good. Took some time to walk on the pier and laugh at his sailing stories.

We then waited a little bit up at gate 4 with many other participants. Many came over to look at jgalaxy's green beast on the trailer. It has that power of attraction. Such a clean looking track car.

Inspection went as expected. We emptied our stuff in our respective spots inside the amazing garages that make this track my favourite. (the track layout is also amazing).

After an early bedtime, and a quick b-fast at the hotel, 2 great dry-chilly-windy-sunny days awaited us. It took me 2 sessions to find my bearings. Brake zone, shift zone, turn in zone... all were a bit hazy. It got better in session 3 and 4... and the following day.

Switched to NT01s for session 2. Saw some more traction but not as much as I thought I would.

I kept my hot tire pressures between 38 and 40 PSI. Brakes felt good but I was getting a little deeper in pedal travel before getting results. The HT10s are very good. I will be switching to DT60s in the future to see if I can better modulate my braking pressures.

The car went well over both days... did a few power sliding (oversteer) practices in turn 8. All fun.

Now my times (after reviewing the tape) are not as good as I thought. I only cut 2 seconds off from last years best laps. Tires were not NT01s last year, they were Dirrezzas. But I did get more consistant and more of those quick laps this time around.
My best time based on what I recorded and based on approx reading of time stamp on video is 2.22 and I know I did a few 2.24s last year.

After cutting 4 to 5 seconds at Mosport 1 yr later with the same tires, I was expecting better times at The Glen. Oh well.

A few cars had troubles... only one Mustang was not drivable after a collision ... luckily it arrived on a trailer and left on the same trailer. Rear wheel was hit so hard, the car needed some major repairs...

We drove back on Wednesday bringing with us Pseudo Nim's new NT05s. The drive was uneventful.

Now what is coming up... BMW Ottawa and Patroon event (3 days) in Calabogie. I don't think I will have the Rcomps for that event (anybody want to take them there for me?). I will change oil, flush brake fluid, buy a new helmet, replace wheel bearings, bring new brake pads... all prior to the event in mid July

Hope to see you there
Appreciate 0