07-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
Gladius
Two Wheels or Four?
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Perf Edition m240i

Car transport

Hey guys,

This sort of goes in the off topic forum but I felt like it would get better feedback in here than in there.

A few weeks ago I bought a Z4M from the dealer in Asheville, NC. I've been trying to have the car shipped to Denver from there. The shipper that the dealer recommended is based here in CO, and after speaking with him everything seemed good to go. In fact they found a transport for it in a few days, but the car wasn't going to be able to be delivered by the time I left for vacation, so they held off. It's now been almost two weeks since that and they still can't find a transport for it. They haven't even found someone who can take it, let alone schedule a pickup date yet. They keep telling me that it's not a common route and that's why they're having trouble finding a truck.

This seems unlikely to me. At this point I'm considering flying out and driving it back, but I really don't have the time to do so.

I've never shipped a car before, so I don't know if I'm being unreasonable or just impatient. Should they have been able to find a truck to put it on by now? Should I just try to find another shipper?

BTW they quoted me $975, if that makes any difference in the speed of pickup/delivery.

Current: '18 AW Performance Edition m240i
Gone: '15 Mineral Grey m235i || '07 Silver Grey M Coupe || '11 Space Grey 328i XDrive || '08 SparkG M3 || '01 LSB M3 || '01 TiAg 330ci
Appreciate 0