View Single Post
      09-28-2009, 11:58 PM   #4
VitaminT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Like the OP said, mods may be nice in your eyes buy they detract from the value of the car so I would think you could do better on the price. I bought my mint 06 in April with nav, extended leather, extended maintenance $61k sticker with 13.5k for $30,500 and felt like I paid too much.

Looks like that car might have a short throw shifter too...kindof hard to tell by the pics. Anyway I would think $27k is a pretty good price for the car. Remember a GREAT deal requires hardball negotiations, not just asking them to come off the price. If they are local, pay a visit, drive the car, make them an offer you know they won't accept, say 26.5 or 27k. Let them cull it over for a bit and if they say they won't do it, thank them for their time, and leave. If you are anywhere close, within $1k, they will usually call you within a day or so meeting you in the middle somewhere. When I bought my SLK55 we haggled over price a bit and I made an offer about $1200 less than they were wanting to take...had to walk out leave, letting them know that it was a no go for me..see ya. About 2hrs later they came off another $775 and I picked the car up.
Appreciate 0