06-13-2014, 10:18 AM   #17
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
Leaving mods on a car is asking for vultures to circle around it. You paid near MSRP for all those mods (maybe some of them were used parts) but the vultures will claim mods "de-value" the car. Maybe you're lucky and find an enthusiast willing to pay for the entire package but most times you'll still make more parting out despite the time/money spent on doing so. Especially when it's easy bolt-on stuff like wheels, strut bar, exhaust, etc. Would I bother removing a short shifter, probably not.
I agree and also think the more custom the more difficult it is to find someone that likes (and is willing to pay for) what you purchased and installed. As an example (nothing to do with this car) if I was looking to buy I might consider the wheels ok but not great so add $500 to what I am willing to pay (even though they are worth a huge amount more to someone else) but I don't like the exhaust so take off $700 for what I am willing to pay.

I keep my stock parts for this reason especially when they aren't worth much if you try to sell them.