View Single Post
      09-29-2008, 03:59 PM   #8
karmasabish
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalRick View Post
The Saturday CCC group got some track/instructor time while the driving school groups got some skidpad time in the afternoon. I didn't notice if there were any roadsters in the CCC on Saturday - do you know if they would have let you in that track session with yours? I don't know how hard they let them run, but they did have instructors with all of them.

I had a great time with the HPDE, my first 2 day school after a couple of single day schools earlier in the year - it was very helpful to continue the learning curve into the second day. Even my wife had a good time tho she wasn't driving, but found a good excuse for better lenses for her Nikon (as if that wasn't predictable!) I'll be doing a CCC with her in a few weeks with the Golden Gate Chapter and see if we can burn off the front tires on her Camry.

Your e30 would probably be a better starter car for the track schools anyway, if you can get it into shape - less power and nannies to mask your mistakes and more need to maintain momentum. The BMWCCA schools are quite good for those of us just getting started - maybe others can comment on how they compare to the commercial outfits like NASA, Hooked on Driving, etc.
BMWCCA insurance does not cover roadsters or convertibles to go on tracks unless they have an aftermarket roll bar or hard top. Its annoying as i had actually signed up for the saturday CCC. But its all good. With the traction control off there were no grannies in the roadster but i really do agree - the latest M cars have such immediate responses. You want to get to 60mph? press the gas and you're their. YOu want to stop, stand on the brakes and you're there. So it can be tough to get the feel of what they are trying to teach.
Appreciate 0