View Single Post
      01-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #101
Geauxkart
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe Sepang

Got mine yesterday. Had my wife pick them up at the fedex office on her way home.
Just finished the install. 2 hours without haste, it's pretty easy.
I have CSL headers, and I don't think the passenger side could be done without removing stock headers, the cats will be in the way very much.

If you are doing a header swap or motor mount bolt replacement, now would be a good time...
Remove the aluminum brace / pan from under the engine.

Drivers side is done from above (except for lower mount nut). Remove intake boot / filter cover, disconnect wires/hoses. Move reservoir on mount bracket toward the front of the car. Remove motor mount top nut, break the 4 motor mount bracket bolts loose, remove the top 2 bolts - leave the lower 2 in for now - just break them loose. Get under and break the lower mount nut loose and remove. Place a piece of wood under the engine (watch the hoses / sensors) and raise with a jack until there is looseness in the mount / bracket, doesn't take much. Take the 2 lower motor mount bracket bolts out. Wiggle the bracket and mount and remove mount only. Install new mount, install nut on bottom of mount, install 4 motor mount bracket bolts and torque. Drop the engine off of the jack and put all the stuff back together.

Passenger side was easier. All done from under the car. Move pressure reservoir from mount bracket, loosen mount bracket bolts from engine, remove bottom nut from mount, jack up engine slightly again until mount is slack, remove ground from frame to bracket, take the bracket out. Install new mount to bracket loosely (need to align when in the car) and wiggle the assembly back into place. Install all hardware, and drop the jack.

Install pan / brace, and clean up.

It's raining here, haven't started the car yet...
Appreciate 0