01-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogzilla View Post
I've seen conflicting reports on this. Some say it will indeed render the airbags useless, others say you can put a piece of tape over the light. I would devise a bypass or *cringes* do the transplant. I had even read that removal of the seat while power is till on can toast your airbag module all together. Too much chatter and not enough definitive info.

I'm still looking for a "good" solution for mine. I picked up a bypass of eBay but the plug was for the previous generation and wouldn't work. I'd love to keep this thread alive till a definitive answer is found for all.

Good luck.
I'm assuming you updated to a 06-08 seat? If so, I'd say your best bet is to just buy a new occupancy sensor. I think those are cheaper than the 06-08 ones ($430 on Tischer) and retrofit into your new seat. I just don't want to have to rip open my factory in case I go back to it, which means ripping it open 2x.

I'm going to email those eBay sellers and ask if the e9x bypass modules work. If not, I'll consider the $430 for a new sensor. End of day I don't care about the light. My concern is that the airbags will not deploy during an emergency.