Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
2006 Z4 3.0si  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
Gruppe M does make an intake for the 3.0si, check our sponsored vendors. If you can't find any videos online then try looking up 328/330i e90, cabin noise will be different but noise from outside should be similar.

Why would you want to change spark plugs? Unless you're going forced induction there's no reason to go colder. Cats should net you few hp but nobody here has done it. If you don't want SS, then get generic ones from Magnaflow and have a shop weld them in.

Aside from the brands I already mentioned (AA, OE Tuning / Gintani), I doubt others can comment on any other. The only other tune I can think of is Wetterauer. They're not big in the states but popular in European Audi / VW scene. Even if you find other "tuners," stick to the reputable ones. I would not chance my motor with anyone new or relatively unknown.
Right, well I guess I will stick with AA then, but this is going to be the final stage, I would like to go through the other mods before that so that the re-mapping can be done to my specific configuration.

I am guessing now there is only one final question left, and then I would be able to summarize everything.

If I decide to get only the SS Y-pipe and muffler, is the Y-pipe compatible to the OEM system or is the OEM pipe a straight one?

Can I get the Magnaflow cats and replace mine and put the SS Y-pipe and muffler right after that? Should I buy 1 or 2 units of the Magnaflow cats for the 3.0si?
Appreciate 0