Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
test test  [0.00]
2008 BMW Z4MC  [0.00]
MacGyver approach to heel toe

I know this is an old thread...

Last year I was having the same problem as I am 6'2" with big feet. Heel toe would be easy if driving on the street because I was using light brake pedal pressure. Any threshold braking and the brake pedal would dip too far below the accelerator to blip the throttle, and i wouldn't want to use anything less than 3/4 of my foot for fear if it slipping off the rubber pedal cover.

So I picked up a set of TMS aluminium pedal covers that have little spikes to grab your shoe. To fix the problem with the brake pedal, I bought a pair of flip-flops from my local convenience store, used a knife and cut out the shape of the pedal to make a 3/4" shim to rest between the actual pedal and aluminum pedal cover and....Presto! problem solved. The flip-flop is firm (and cheap) enough to not flex or give a mushy pedal feel, but easy enough to cut with a serrated knife to make the job easy.

Now when threshold braking, the brake pedal lines up perfectly that I can blip the throttle, and the aluminum spikes grab onto my shoe so that it WILL NOT slip off
Attached Images

Appreciate 0