10-14-2009, 03:10 PM   #23
07Z4M4me
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate2046 View Post
Yep, every saturday.
Did you get your car at D&R? They had an IR last summer that they called me about 2 days after I bought my car in NJ. Of course, they were asking $14k more than I had just paid. I watched it go down month after month out of curiousity. Just wanted to see if they had any concept of the market at all.
Yup, that was mine! I sat and watched it go down in price month after month too...and when the snow came and it shot down from $44k to $39k I gave them a hollar. They gave me $2k more than I was expecting to get on my trade-in to seal the deal for me. Couldn't even drive it home when I got it because of an ice storm...they gave me a loaner for a few days until i could come back and take it home.....where it sat until spring!

I bet my wife and I went and saw the thing 10 times over the 2nd half of 2008, glad I was patient...and that no one else wanted the thing....

I had originally gone in that summer to buy a 135i, but simply wasn't impressed. I had decided I either needed to bite the bullet and get an e90 M3, or make my way over to Porsche, but I just couldn't get my head around paying what I'd have to in order to get a Cayman S, when in day to day driving I find the M Coupe more fun anyways.
Appreciate 0