View Single Post
      08-03-2015, 10:55 AM   #1
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Revs drop off throttle to point of stalling at stop

Update aug16:

Well replaced O2 sensors and no change in the searching idle when coming to a stop.
Took the car on a 2 hour hiway run at steady 130kmph(80+/-mph) today and lo and behold the searching is gone.
Possibly adaptations from the revised tune?
Anyways on to more data logging to perfect the tune.............and incidently the car feels way quicker

Hopefully the collective experience here can help me solve an ongoing problem with my rich fuel condition. I don't think it is strictly FI related.
Engine will start easily from cold and idle at 10-11afr for 10 seconds then slowly climb to stoic and be rock stable.
After driving for a short whole and stopping or off throttle the afr drops to 10 or less(my analog gauge goes to 10) and car can stall if the throttle isn't blipped.

Also at cruising speed with cruise control on the afr' s will bounce between 11-14.

I have done a simple soapy water leak test with no apparent leaks.
Vacuum to BPV is strong(not verified amount with gauge)
Codes pulled are:
Error Codes Present On August 2, 2015 11:53:51 AM Code,Type,Description DME,DME Number: 2796,1,Throttle: adaptation values incorrect 29B5,4,Secondary-air system 2760,2,Secondary-air system 27D0,2,Firing, cylinder 5
I do have a slight leak at the valve cover gasket which was confirmed with the soapy water.

What is everyones thoughts. I can't ask the tuner to write me a reliable tune with this problem lingering.

This video is a representation of the rev drop.
What is causing the sucking sound?
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX

Last edited by Steeler; 08-16-2015 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0