gpraceman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4 ///M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouryT View Post
Hello all --

Okay, I'm not a Z4 owner... YET. But I've been diligently searching for one in my area for the past six months. The problem has been finding one that checks most of my boxes (stick shift, unmodded/unmolested, relatively low mileage, preferably in one of the reds or blues). A 3.0 would be nice, but I'm not averse to a loaded 2.5.

So I've been searching further and further away for more options, though that makes them more difficult to check out firsthand and adds to the final cost (shipping it or flying out to its location).

This 2.5 looks very nice in its photos, and its Carfax seems clean. However, it's been sitting on their lot for a few months according to CarGurus. Also, I notice that its front lower lip is black -- aren't they all supposed to be body-colored? Would this indicate front-end body work?

I'd be looking at around $9,500 altogether if I flew out there or had it shipped. Which is 3.0 territory. Is this one worth pursuing? It's about 500 miles away from me.

https://www.my1stopauto.com/used/BMW/2003-BMW-Z4-db2f7aac0a0d0c14083870a9a0991ada.htm
If it was me, I would keep looking. Then again, I was not happy until I found an M. I did have to go 850 miles away to find it. If you don't have the budget for an M, then I'd hold out for a post facelift (2006-2008) 3.0i or 3.0si. It'll just take some patience and willingness to travel.

2006 Z4M Interlagos Blue/Beige
Appreciate 0