View Single Post
      07-25-2014, 09:17 AM   #12
elerner61
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
How do you get to the drains though? Shouldn't you remove the wheel arch liners?
It is possible to reach the drain plugs, remove/replace them without removing any panels IF you don't have very large hands. I do this a few times a year. It helps considerably to jack/raise the rear wheel of the side that you are working on and on the driver side I find using my right arm is better (wrist can bend in the direction of the plug).

Lying on the ground parallel with the door (legs facing the front of the car) in front of the rear wheel, in front of the little mud flap there is a hole that feels like it is triangular shaped. Using your right arm, stick your hand into this hole and palm up, feel around towards the front of the car for the rubber plug. It pulls straight out.

I usually shove a piece of plastic hose into the drain tube and first suck out any debris. Then I either blow back into the hose or use my compressor to try and clear any loose debris that may be at the top of the drain.

You'll get your hand a little scraped up, but this can be done and I my hands are kinda wide.
Appreciate 0