Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
Thanks for answering many of my questions. It's very interesting to see the stepped Section 1. I would love to go with your Section 1, but my SS V2 Stepped Headers have an outlet pipe diameter of 60mm/2.36". It would have been perfect if your Section 1 diameter matched my headers, hehe.

My understanding with stepped design headers to optimize power throughout the whole powerband. With narrower primaries, you have nice low end torque gains, but with bigger secondaries, you maximize high end power. So does this concept apply to your Section 1?

I would be very interested to hear more about the dimensions and measurements of your headers to see how they compare to the SS V1 and V2 Stepped. If they prove to be superior to the SS headers, I would love to purchase a set from you!

Thanks again for clarifying my questions. Based off the latest photos, it looks like you guys made a very high quality system! With regards to E46 M3 interest, how many people would you need to make this worth your time? I am fairly active on M3Forums so I would gladly spread the word about your products to spice up some interest.
Stepped headers optimize top end. I can PM you a link with a dyno of Supersprint V2 Stepped vs. Supersprint V2 (standard) headers. Standard headers have more low- to mid-range grunt, while the stepped are about maximum horsepower in the top end. There's no such thing as an all-around ultimate design. Some designs are better than others, yes, but there comes a point where it's a sliding scale and you must compromise one attribute to gain another. I went the stepped header route, though they are still waiting to be installed.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0