03-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #6
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMZ432 View Post
Yeah, it's an APR wing, which I love! The exhaust (all stock except cans) is a KKS gated exhaust. It sounds close to stock when closed, but is decently loud when open (as it is in the vid of course).

Regarding the "near miss", I could have pulled it up quicker if I'd stayed hard on the brakes (like you're generally supposed to during a spin) but I could see I wasn't going to hit anything so I was more concerned with making the car end up in an easier spot to drive out of plus clear of any traffic. In retrospect, I should have just played it safe and got stopped as soon as possible.

The actual cause was a complete screw up of heel/toe finesse, so much so I had to lift my right foot and start again. This meant that I was braking way too hard through the corner, and the slicks just gave up all at once (as they do). On street tires things would have been a little different. I suspect there would have been more understeer for one, making the off a little safer in this case.

The funny thing was, right before this session I mentioned to someone in the pits it had been a long time since I'd had an off, like more than a year. How cliché....... what a stupid thing to say at the track! Just asking for trouble.
Ah, I know exactly what you mean about that kind of mistake. Not fun. Well, I always say any day that both you and the car go home in one piece is a good day! So, as offs go, not bad.

Nice bit of driving otherwise, and that looks like a fun track.

Last edited by Finnegan; 03-25-2013 at 12:30 AM..
Appreciate 0