View Single Post
      03-28-2024, 08:35 PM   #7424
Weather Man
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Even if Trump wins and guts EPA like he did between 2016-2020, industry knows that it gets flipped back once he's out. They knew this back in 2016-2020 and planned for it. I'm an environmental consultant and saw this first hand with my industrial/manufacturing clients. Plus, most companies now are international and tend to follow the most stringent environmental policies when it comes to their own internal directives, environmental stewardship, etc. Sometimes EPA/States are more stringent and sometimes the European Union or country specific regs are more stringent. And yes, some Chinese environmental regs are more stringent than EPA's and in China, you don't want to be breaking the law as courts are swift and you'll go to jail.

20+ years ago, publicly-held companies saw little value in environmental stewardship, reduce/reuse/recycle, ESG, etc. Now, there is real money in it (i.e. saved money) and shareholders expect companies to be good stewards of the environment. There has been a MASSIVE shift in the last 10 years in how companies view environmental stewardship. In most cases, only the smaller companies I work with struggle with it, throw their arms up in frustration, and thumb their noses at it. It's my job to show them that it isn't remotely as expensive as they think and in many cases, I can help them avoid many of regulatory hurdles by simple and cheap/free process changes.
This is not about Trump. The backlash against ESG by stockholders is just getting started. To say companies 20 years ago saw little value in environmental stewardship is a bald-faced lie. There have always been bad apples in in every endeavor, everyone wants them held accountable.
Appreciate 2
eugenebmw1540.50