View Single Post
      05-02-2020, 05:14 PM   #4
eggman51
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster

Thanks for the feedback Gents.

I spoke with the folks at OS Giken as well as with my Motorsports shop about their units. The beauty of them is they they are extremely tuneable. The worst part about them is that they can require significant fiddling to get right, and can be sensitive to other changes in the car. This is no big deal if you are inspecting the diff in between races, but didn’t seem practical for a DD / HPDE car. I decided against an OS Giken unit for these reasons, but also due to no warranty and very high cost.

The racingdiffs.com stuff looks excellent. One thing that is important is service and support. The shop I am working with is familiar with Dan from diffsonline, so this is a pretty big factor in favour of getting a diff from diffsonline.

I think I will go with a 3 clutch diff set to 35/60. This is what my shop recommends. They know a lot more about this than I do.

I thought about just doing the 4.10 ring and pinion and rebuild the M diff. While it saves some money, I definitely do feel the “variability” in the way the M diff works in track situations. Budget permitting, I will likely do the full 3 clutch 35/60 diff swap when switching to 4.10 gears.

Cheers!
Eamonn aka eggman

Last edited by eggman51; 05-02-2020 at 10:40 PM..
Appreciate 1
Vanne1620.50